Hey Everyone,

The agenda for the meetup has been set and I'm excited to say we have lots
of interesting talks scheduled! Below is final agenda, the full list of
abstracts will be sent out soon. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP
on the meetup link so we can get an accurate headcount of attendees (
https://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/events/249641278/).

6:30 - 7:00 PM Networking and Refreshments
7:00PM - 8:20 PM Lightning Talks (10 min each) - 8 talks total

   - What's new in Hive 3.0.0 - Ashutosh Chauhan
   - Hive-on-Spark at Uber: Efficiency & Scale - Xuefu Zhang
   - Hive-on-S3 Performance: Past, Present, and Future - Sahil Takiar
   - Dali: Data Access Layer at LinkedIn - Adwait Tumbde
   - Parquet Vectorization in Hive - Vihang Karajgaonkar
   - ORC Column Level Encryption - Owen O’Malley
   - Running Hive at Scale @ Lyft - Sharanya Santhanam, Rohit Menon
   - Materialized Views in Hive - Jesus Camacho Rodriguez

8:30 PM - 9:00 PM Hive Metastore Panel

   - Moderator: Vihang Karajgaonkar
   - Participants:
      - Daniel Dai - Hive Metastore Caching
      - Alan Gates - Hive Metastore Separation
      - Rituparna Agrawal - Customer Use Cases & Pain Points of (Big)
      Metadata

The Metastore panel will consist of a short presentation by each panelist
followed by a Q&A session driven by the moderator.