Dear all,

I am trying to execute queries to create materialized views in Hive to see how
they affect the relational Calcite plan because of the query rewriting system
in Hive.

I copied the TestColumnAccess class
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/ql/src/test/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/TestColumnAccess.java
I have defined materialized view mv1 as "select * from t1 join t2 on (t1.id1 =
t2.id1)".
I have modified table t1 and t2 to be stored as ORC and also set the table
property "transactional" to true. In the HiveConf I set the HIVE_TXN_MANAGER to
"org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.lockmgr.DbTxnManager" and set the
HIVE_SUPPORT_CONCURRENCY to true.

However, when I then run the test I get the following error "Error in acquiring
locks: Need to record valid WriteID list but there is no valid TxnID list". Can
someone perhaps explain to me what is going wrong and what steps I can
undertake to resolve the issue?

With kind regards,

Mark