Hello Hive Dev Community,

I'm Kevin, a Product Manager at Looker (recently acquired by Google). We
make business intelligence software and connect to 40+ relational data
warehouses, including Hive.

Recently we've been struggling with a Hive bug (HIVE-18624
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-18624>), where parsing time is
extremely high for complex SELECT expressions. This is problematic for us
because Looker can sometimes generate very complex SQL to represent our
customer's reporting logic (we do querying in-database rather than
ingesting data and manipulating it in proprietary systems).

It appears that the bug has been fixed for version 3.1.2 but has not yet
been released. Would it be possible to make a release of 3.1.2 so that we
and our customers can take advantage of the bug fix?

Thank you,
Kevin