Hi Everyone,

While running Insert command or Alter table drop partition command, if hive
services got restarted in between, then that acquired the exclusive lock on
that partition which will remains after the restart also and for that kind
of job there is no yarn application id is generated sometimes and if
generated then it also got succeeded but exclusive locks remains on that
table or partition, which later we have to manually released from the table
or partitioned.

So why these locks remains on that partition or table and how these kind of
scenarios can be handle at our end?

Is there any workaround for these kind of scenarios?

Kindly help on this issue as I have not found any conclusive thing on this
part over the internet.

Thanks & Regards
Sunny Jain