Hello everyone,

I was playing with the latest source code of Hive, my goal is to make
Hadoop, Hive, Spark to work with the latest version of each other.

Locally, I made and ran full tests to make it run with

Hadoop 3.2.1
Spark 3.0.0-preview2
Tez 0.9.2

I ran the following maven command to ensure tests run successfully and did
any changes required.

mvn clean package -Pdist

1)
I was just wondering I can create a Jira to share these changes? I read the
contributors guide here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute and it
says to ask on this mailing list before creating any Jira. If yes, should I
create separate Jira for Hadoop 3.2.1, Spark 3.0.0-preview2, Tez 0.9.2
changes?

2)
How should I do further testing to ensure things are working correctly? I
am trying to look at itests as well, for example below, but it does not
give any meaningful results. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

mvn test -q -Pitests -Dtest=TestSparkCliDriver

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

Jagat Singh