Thanks for initiating this Pavan!

Just sharing some context here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-744 umbrella Jira introduces Lazy
IO on Apache ORC with significant IO and CPU savings.
In addition to the newly introduced vector filters, there is an effort to
support SArgs to row-filters that are applied during the read process.

However, Sargs filters as of today are always normalized, leading to bad
evaluation performance in the presence of multilevel predicates.
We thus need a new storage-api release with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-24458 *allowing access to SArgs
without normalization*.

Any PMC help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
Panagiotis