Hi Martijn,

The download page should indeed show Hive 2.3.9. Let me check if I
missed anything during the release.

And yes Hive 2.3.x is still supported. We probably will start another
release in the coming weeks. We have a Hive 3.1.x release going on and
you can track https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-25855 for the
progress.

Chao