Hi all,

There have been various problems around the website lately and from the
exchanges in [1,2] it is still not clear to me what's the process to update
the website.

We have more or less the same code and Jekyll builders in two repositories
[3,4] which doesn't seem normal.

Moreover, the hive-site repo currently has three branches:
* main
* asf-site
* gh-pages
and it is not completely clear to me the role of each.

>From my perspective all the source code (.md files and Jekyll generators)
should be in the main Hive repo [3] and the hive-site [4] should only be
used for the deployed site (html pages). In the hive-site repo, we
shouldn't need to maintain and use more than one branch.

We should convert to some workflow that we want to follow otherwise
updating the website will be a big pain in the near future.

Best,
Stamatis

[3] https://github.com/apache/hive/tree/master/docs
[4] https://github.com/apache/hive-site