Just to be clear, I am in favor of introducing DI frameworks in Hive
where it makes sense. As Attila said, we don't want to get stuck with
legacy code forever. When a concrete proposal comes up we can discuss
benefits vs drawbacks.

Regarding stability I agree it is a pressing issue but Hive is an open
source project and we certainly don't want to force volunteers to work
on specific things or forbid them to work on others. Contributing to
open source is supposed to be a fun and rewarding experience. I am
sure many of the people in this list have stability as a primary goal
so eventually we will get there.

Best,
Stamatis