Hello,

Everything that happens in a GitHub PR creates a worklog entry under
the respective JIRA ticket.
For every worklog entry we receive a notification from j...@apache.org
when we are watching an issue. The worklog entry and email
notification usually appear messy.

Moreover, if we are watching the GitHub PR we are going to get a
notification from notificati...@github.com which has the same content
with the JIRA worklog entry and is much more readable.

Finally, the PR notification is also going to
iss...@hive.apache.org and git...@hive.apache.org so those who are
subscribed to these lists
will get the same notification multiple times.

Personally, I never read the JIRA worklog notifications and I largely
prefer those from notificati...@github.com.

How do you feel about disabling the worklog entries in JIRA coming
from GitHub PRs?

For archiving purposes, the notifications already go to gitbox@ so we
don't lose anything from disabling the worklog entries. On the
contrary, I find that this would reduce the noise and redundancy in
our inboxes.

Concretely this is what I have in mind in terms of change:
https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/4318

Best,
Stamatis