On 5/25/23 19:58, vihang karajgaonkar wrote:
I just tried the job and it worked as expected. Thanks! If I understand
correctly, the job retains builds for 180 days. Does it mean if there were
no commits to a branch for more than 180 days, we will lose the build
artifacts eventually?

not entirely - the removal of old builds is a post-build action; which means -
if there are no builds; the removal logic will never run
https://plugins.jenkins.io/discard-old-build/

on the other hand I wonder how much value a nightly build can still provide
after 180 days :)
preferably - a real release should be done after some time :)

cheers,
Zoltan