Hive is open source so there are millions of ways to help even without
being under the sponsorship flag.

Quick examples:
"Hey, I have set up this machine there and I can give you access to
run benchmarks"
"In my company X we are using Hive and we decided to run nightly
benchmarks on our inhouse clusters; the results are publicly available
and you can access them here."

In a nutshell we are open to any kind of help that someone is willing to offer.

The official website of Hive [1] has all the necessary links about
donations, sponsorships, etc., under the ASF dropdown menu.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://hive.apache.org/