Hi Mark,

I understand your concern w.r.t backward compatibility. But as Ed pointed
out there is a config variable and by default semantic is unchanged so you
can continue to insert into your external table.
I have a question though. Why are you creating all your tables as
"external" tables ? Why not regular tables?

Thanks,
Ashutosh