Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the status of HIVE-2355.
This issue (although it's possibly somewhat poorly labelled) covers the fact
that the contents auxlib directory aren't properly passed through as
hive.aux.jars.path when running hiveserver.

I've just tested the same patch posted on HIVE-2355 (as it's necessary if you
want to use a custom SerDe or StorageHandler with hiveserver), and it appears
to work as intended, thereby allowing the use of extensions with hiveserver.

Is there anything holding this patch back to being committed, or has it just
been forgotten (or something else)? If there are any additional issues
surrounding getting this functionality into hiveserver, I'd be happy to assist.

- Gabriel