I am trying to execute a hive query from JDBC CLient.I am using Hiveserver2
currently.
A very basic query throws SQL exception only from the JDBC CLient and not
from the CLI
*
The queries shown below execute successfully on the CLI*

>From the JDBC client
*select * from tableA*  works fine

whereas if I try to provide a column name and execute the query from the
JDBC CLient  I land into errors
*select col1,col2 from tableA *

throws up the following SQL exception. Is anyone facing the same issue ?
*
Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing
statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccess(Utils.java:159)
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.Utils.verifySuccessWithInfo(Utils.java:147)
    at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:182)
    at
org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:246)

*
s there a fix for the issue?

Thanks,Varun

Regards,