I don't think we have documented anywhere what versions of mysql / postgres
/ oracle / ms-sql we are supporting. It will be good to document those. I
propose following versions:

* Derby             -   10.10.1.1  - defined in hive's pom, so all unit
tests run with it.

* MySQL           -   5.6.17       - minimum supported version by mysql
community

* Postgres         -  9.1.13        - has support for "create table if not
exists" which is good to have

* Oracle             -  11g           - oldest oracle version available to
download from their site

* MSSQL server -  2008 R2     - one which is currently tested against.

Thoughts?

Ashutosh