Ryan Bloom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thursday 30 August 2001 06:53, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > I think you're saying that beyond core (whose config I was looking
> > at), any other modules (e.g., mime) might add a charset filter too
> > based on their own directives.  And if this is the case, then
> > obviously my insert-filter hook shouldn't bother checking because
> > another module could add my filter after my insert-filter hook is
> > called.  Thus, I have to wait until my filter is called to see if my
> > implicitly-added filter needs to be removed.
> >
> > Right?
>
> Or, you could make your insert_filter phase a REALLY_LAST function,
> and walk r->output_filters.

this seems reasonable for the short term; I just don't want to use
REALLY_LAST unless absolutely necessary because sooner or later
somebody else that I need to run after will think they are special and
be REALLY_LAST too (but perhaps this isn't an imminent occurrence :) )

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...