On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:24:36PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> this is a perception problem for end users [much like the "It Worked!
> Apache is successfully installed." message] that should be avoided when
> Apache 2.0's final SSL components are put in place.

Which is why we don't enable SSL by default and instead point
them at the docs for mod_ssl.

However, I believe this runs contrary to how httpd-2.0 will be
packaged by third-parties - I think Henri mentioned that he is
enabling mod_ssl by default in his RPM builds.  I'm not sure
if he is including a "Snake Oil" certificate or not.  -- justin