Joe Orton wrote:

> This will happen if you don't have the db1-devel package installed
> (unsurprisingly: if the header isn't there, it isn't detected). If you
> do have db1-devel installed, you should find -I/usr/include/db1 in your
> CFLAGS...

So what's the /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h file all about, then?
Meseems we should be more friendly about this at APACI ./configure
time, and removing mod_auth_dbm from the build list, rather than
horking on the 'missing' header file and aborting the make.  As far
as that goes, don't we have a means for modules to hook into
the ./configure process so they can complain if they're missing
prerequisites?
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millenium hand and shrimp!"