Graham Leggett wrote:

> On the proxy list there is talk of support for transparent-proxy
> behaviour, and the question has come up "what about HTTP/0.9?". Am I
> correct in saying it is not possible to find the destination server if
> the protocol is v0.9 or v1.0, and there is no host header, and there is
> no complete URL in the request (ie http://server.name/blah instead of
> just /blah)? Or is there some trick to do this?

Let me add one more important detail:

It is assumed that the packets were manipulated by a DNAT engine (such
as iptables) to reach the proxy on this host, rather than just passing
this host on their way to the original hosts.

So I don't think it is possible to look at the destination IP address
(unless the original one is kept somewhere else in the packets...)

--
Eli Marmor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]