On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:52:32PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:47:42AM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > Are we content with --enable-layout potentially overwriting all
> > --prefix -like parameters?
>
> I'm not.  I think any argument specified on the command-line (such
> as --prefix) should override the specified layout.  It worked like
> this in 1.3 (yes, it didn't use autoconf, but so what?).  -- justin

As I pointed out in my message *and* on irc where we were just having
this discussion, there is no way to let --prefix override the layout
with autoconf in a way that is guaranteed to work across versions
of autoconf, at least as far as I can see. If you can come up with
a way to let that happen, I'd be happy to hear it, but in the mean
time I don't think it's crutial to getting --enable-layout working*.

* yes, we have this working now. Patch forthcoming.

-aaron