Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:19:22 -0500
From: Ryan Cruse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: apache bug: general/9187

Hey there,

        I just got burned on this again because I forgot to check to see if
it was actually fixed.  It's a really simple fix and an obvious bug.  I was
just curious when it would get worked into the 2.0 code?

The vhost.c diff looked like:

773c773,774
< if (*(dst+1) == '.')
---
>                 dst++;
>                 if (*dst == '.')

Now it's line 777.

The pointer skips the null terminating the string.  To test telnet to a server
like www.apache.org and give it a 1.1 request with a "host: www.apache.org."

You were the guy I talked to last time about apache a LONG time ago, and you
were really helpful.  Last I heard you were off doing other things but you're
still under the active developers of apache. :)  Lucky you!   Let me know if
you can check that in for me. :)

Thanks,
-Ryan