On 17 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> brianp      02/05/16 18:43:52
>
>   Modified:    docs/conf httpd-std.conf.in
>   Log:
>   Added EnableMMAP (commented out) to the standard config

Is this a directive that pretty much everyone using apache needs to know
about?  My guess is no, and if that is the case, it really doesn't need to
be in the default config file.  Even if it does need to be in there, it
could use a significantly briefer description.  Instead, you could
consider documenting it further in the performance-notes in the manual.

(Sorry, but if we did this for every apache directive, the config file
would be completely horrible.  At the moment it is only a little
horrible.)

Joshua.