At 01:12 AM 5/18/2002, you wrote:
>On 17 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > wrowe       02/05/17 12:34:53
> >
> >   Modified:    server   core.c
> >   Log:
> >     We need to grab ServerRoot, LogLevel, and ErrorLog right off the bat
> >     as we are reading the config.
> >
> >     This closes a bug where ServerRoot /foo + LoadModule
> relative/mod_foo.so
> >     won't load mod_foo.so.
> >
> >   Reported by: Ron Leung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>Umm, every one of these directives being EXEC_ON_READ causes the server to
>segfault hard at startup.  (I tried un-exec-on-reading them one at a time,
>and it kept segfaulted on each one in turn until they were all gone.)

Yup... I see that, sorry for trusting common sense.

Seems we need to document that check_cmd_context can't be used for any
EXEC_ON_READ, or trap for EXEC_ON_READ and do a quick check that such
directives are in a global context without much backwalking of an incomplete
conf tree.

The funny bit; I noticed we really cannot deal with ErrorLog/LogLevel just yet,
since those are hosted within a container.

>#0  find_parent (dirp=0x0, what=0x8123918 "<Directory") at core.c:957
>#1  0x080d5298 in ap_check_cmd_context (cmd=0xbffff5a0, forbidden=30)
>     at core.c:993
>#2  0x080d6cbe in set_loglevel (cmd=0xbffff5a0, dummy=0xbfffd3f0,
>     arg=0x819c5e0 "warn") at core.c:2175

I guess I need to spend a bit of time in check_cmd_context, and carefully
avoid clobbering ourselves if the cmd handled was EXEC_ON_READ.