At 08:53 AM 5/20/2002, you wrote:
>Is this topic interesting for somebody except me?

Not here... here's why.,,

>In my opinion, it's very useful thing, and it's easy to realize...

When it comes to a "Complete" reference, stop and look at the number
of HTTP headers that might be interesting.  Look at the breadth of SSL
tokens available from mod_ssl.  It is reasonably incomprehensible to try
and inventory "EVERY" relevant field that might spew forth from servers
today.  Not to mention the incidental log bloat.

What has worked rather well, is just what has happened for some time.
We define several formats in the default httpd.conf file.  Two of these are
readily recognized by most statistic gathering tools.  Better tools allow
for the user to customize their list of fields.  Certainly, if you install one
of these, it might provide a "Comprehensive" format to format the logs for
the stats it can summarize, recommended for Apache {or IIS, or iPlanet}.

Since there is really little limit to how many fields might be logged, it
becomes an exercise in futility to create the one "recommended complete
log format string".  A noble goal?  Yes... but probably not realistic.