Greg Ames wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

- * Rewrite core_output_filter.

Well I think it's predictable now, but not optimal.

For the simplest request I know how to create, it is entered 3 times:
1. HTTP headers
2. file + EOS
3. FLUSH bucket

If we haven't seen an EOS or FLUSH yet and the data is too small to send immediately, it would be cheaper to just stash the brigade in the context rather than doing the setaside at #1.
That is cheaper, but it's not safe in general. I coded this & got seg faults with Electric Fence serving the httpd FAQ (a heavy SSI user). The subrequests are probably what's doing it. If I stash a brigade created by a subrequest, its pool could get cleared between invocations of core_output_filter.

Greg