Colm MacCárthaigh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 12:25:49PM +0000, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
> > My tests (and patch) were based on apr and apr-util from CVS ,
> > with the 2.0.43 codebase, because CVS seems broken right now.
>
> stupid pre-test patch, here's the real one:

patch looks basically right to me...  probably is exactly right...
unless somebody beats me to it I'll play with it and commit it... nag
me directly if it isn't committed in 36 hours or so :)

as David Reid reminded, the flag needs to default to 0 on the right
Linux boxen...  unless/until we get specific info, I plan to tweak
your patch to default it to --disable when building on Linux 2.4.x...
relatively few users who would encounter the problem are going to be
as able as you to dig to the bottom of it, and the symptoms mentioned
in subsequent bug reports may not trigger the right questions on the
part of the developers...

In the interest of tying up loose ends, I'm still concerned with your
observation that --disable-sendfile didn't do the right thing...  did
you "make distclean" before re-configuring?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...