--On Wednesday, December 4, 2002 5:23 PM -0800 Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There are some problems with AddOutputFilterByType.  It doesn't
work with  DefaultType, and it doesn't work with modules that
change the type unless  they "do the right thing" (which many of
them don't; I don't know about  mod_jk).
The first isn't really a big deal, IMHO. DefaultType is only used when we would otherwise *not* send a Content-Type header. Therefore, I can make the case that the AddOutputFilterByType shouldn't apply to DefaultType cases. The response made it all the way through and no module set the C-T. By then, it is too late to add any filters to the request. We're only guessing at the C-T of the response.

And, of course, the second problem isn't our problem to fix. We've said in the past the only way to set the C-T is to use the API for that. If they don't, then I don't really care. Every filter shouldn't have hacks introduced to work around other modules that don't play nice. Note that r->content-type will always override any Content-Type header - which has always been the case. -- justin