On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 11:00, Thom May wrote:
> Hey Brian,
> your patch seems to have been eaten by gremlins :-(

Sorry about that, the "send" and "attachment" buttons on
this email program are right next to each other. :-)  I just
re-sent with the patch attached.

One other thing I should note: there are a couple of
platforms where you'll get better results by configuring
with "--enable-nonportable-atomics=yes" before building:

* Solaris on SPARC (as long as you don't need to run on pre-v8plus
  systems)
* Linux on x86 (as long as you don't need to run on 386 or
  earlier)

For these architectures, "--enable-nonportable-atomics=yes"
is needed to make APR use the opcodes for atomic CAS, rather
than emulating them with mutexes.

Brian