To get it into 2.0, commit it to 2.1 first and put an item in the
2.0 STATUS file about the disire to backport it.  I'd rather see
a patch like this, where at least two parties aren't in agreement,
reviewed and positively received by three people than to asume
lazy consensus.

Ken, could you please bring the interpretation differences that
you and OtherBill have to the list, so that we can reach a consensus
on that?

Thanks,

Sander