Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:
HI,

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 10:22 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

--On Saturday, January 25, 2003 9:43 PM +0100 Harrie Hazewinkel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

3)Why for instance, could this not stay as a seperate module??
The case that can be made for folding it in is that there is no community currently around mod_pop3. If people were to step up and be responsible for it outside of the main tree, then I don't think there'd be a desire to merge it in.
I see it different. Currently their is no interest in it, so there is
no reason to fold it in. People are not interested in it and thus
it would just consuming extra bytes in an HTTPD distribution.

Perhaps there is not much interest because it is somewhat 'hidden'? IMHO mod_pop3 would gain more visibility and therefore perhaps a better community when folded into httpd. Imagine windoze users: they mostly rely on binary distributions and up to now there are just the sources around. If mod_pop3 gets used more widely, there probably will be also more developers who will be attracted to contribute.

Leaving it in it's own repo-module as it is now, without any person in charge of it, will let it die on the long run.

Personally I'm +/-0 towards folding it into httpd, since I won't have the time to contribute...just my 2c.

cheers,
erik