On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Rich Bowen wrote:

> > I suggest to remove from default:
> >
> >   mod_userdir, mod_asis, mod_imap and mod_status
> >
> > I'm not sure about mod_userdir. It's used, yes, but it need not be
> > default. I think of mod_userdir as an additional feature.
>
> Based on IRC and mailing list traffic, I think that people would be very
> astonished if mod_userdir was not part of a new installation.

Absolutely they would.  And frankly I'm strongly opposed to removing any
module, even mod_imap or mod_asis, from the default on 1.3 or 2.0 because
we've now well-established what the default is.  Principle of least
astonishment.  A configuration that worked in 1.3.27 should work in
1.3.28, and likewise for 2.0.x.  If you want to remove things, do it in
2.1, but not before.

--Cliff