* Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>> Because no supplied qvalue is the same as qvalue = 1. If I'm wrong with
>> that assumption, please correct me.
>
> Is -that- in the standard ? You sure even if it is mixed with entries
> which have a q?

RFC 2616, 14.1 (Accept:)states:
   Each media-range MAY be followed by one or more accept-params,
   beginning with the "q" parameter for indicating a relative quality
   factor. The first "q" parameter (if any) separates the media-range
   parameter(s) from the accept-params. Quality factors allow the user
   or user agent to indicate the relative degree of preference for that
   media-range, using the qvalue scale from 0 to 1 (section 3.9). The
   default value is q=1.

14.2 (Accept-Charset) and 14.4 (Accept-language) go similar. 14.3
(Accept-Encoding) doesn't mention it explicitely.

... yes, I'd say so.

nd
--
Real programmers confuse Christmas and Halloween because
DEC 25 = OCT 31.  -- Unknown

                                      (found in ssl_engine_mutex.c)