Rather than WindowsSocketsWorkaround, why not WinUseWinsock1 or ??. It would be better I think if the directive somehow indicated exactly what it was doing (causing the winnt mpm to use the select/accept winsock1 calls rather than AcceptEx, a winsock2 call).

We're still usng winsock2 with this directive, it's our use of some of MS winsock extension calls (mswsock.dll) that are biting us. In fact I wrestled with the same question myself before deciding that otherBills suggestion was probably the best. If we were to be more to the point maybe something like WindowsSocketsDontUseAcceptEx, but apart from the length how many webmasters are likely to know what AcceptEx is?

I'm open to renaming if we can come up with something
more suitable,

Allan