--On Friday, May 30, 2003 8:38 AM +0000 Atli Thorbjornsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I use pre_connection to access the socket from Apache and, on certain
requests, hand it off to another process. Only problem is Apache seems to
call shutdown() on sockets once it is done with a request which ultimately
kills the socket. That makes perfect sense but is there anyway I could make
Apache not do it, ie just call close()? Reason being that I want to keep the
socket alive for further interaction with the client in my other process but
not have a whole Apache process hanging around in the meantime.

While this is probably a bad idea, I bet that if you could trick ap_lingering_close() not to close your socket when the connection is closed, you might be able to get away with this.

The relevent line in server/connection.c:214 is:

apr_socket_t *csd = ap_get_module_config(c->conn_config, &core_module);

So, something like:

ap_set_module_config(c->conn_config, &core_module, NULL);

in your module might do the trick. But, don't expect us to support this. =) -- justin