Glenn wrote:

For files where server-side includes are used for page fragment reuse
rather than complicated server-side conditional processing, this could
be an easy win, and a bit more flexible than the XBitHack.

In our environment, we have several includes on a page, only one of which is actually dynamic (it's handled by another module). We'd like to be able to cache most of the page, but not that dynamic part. Mod_cache is all or nothing. We are looking at several solutions, but it seems "wrong" to parse the same old stuff over and over again...