--On Thursday, November 27, 2003 11:27 PM -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

That is a good idea, but there has to be a way to debug things in their
current state. Since this is the configuration that causes Apache to

No, there's not. It's a problem with Linux not httpd.

SEGFAULT, I would like to capture a core/stack trace when this
configuration goes south. I am hoping one of the developers can shed some
light on this.

AFAIK, Sander's suggestion is the only one you can use on 1.3: run on a higher port that doesn't invoke the setuid calls.

For 2.1, Jeff's added the (build-time optional) fatal_exception hook to allow modules to dump the stack trace to the error log before it dies. But, that won't help you on 1.3. -- justin