On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:59:28PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> No, I have no solutions, nor did I mean to imply that:
>
>     o Such a solution is trivial
>     o That the solution used was done with no
>       thought of impact to developers.

Well, thought *was* applied, but to be honest, I/we obviously we missed
some things. Like Joe's point about platform independence for the output
(my simplest answer is that I didn't run into that with svn since it is
built on top of APR, so there *were* no platform specifics other than the
type of output (e.g. makefile vs dsp)).

The gen-uri-delim was effectively a separate change, and that one forgot
about EBCDIC and also created a pain for Brad's NetWare build.

I'm working on a solution for the former, and have a solution
(to-be-coded) for the latter.

Cheers,
-g

--