[SNIP]
>On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:16:04AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> --On Tuesday, February 24, 2004 4:49 PM -0800 "Mathihalli,
>Madhusudan" wrote:
>>
>> > ... brings up the question : do you still want the
>finish_connection hook OR
>> > should the modules be content with the EOC bucket ?
>>
>> I don't think we'd need a new hook.  -- justin
>
>Rather than a finish_connection hook, I'd just suggest that
>people attach
>cleanups to the connection pool.

Hooking the cleanups to the connection pool may be a little too late for some modules
(Example SSL shutdown/SSL Alert).
For filters like SSL, the EOC logic would probably be just fine - I can't think of
other filters which cannot use the EOC logic.

I thought having a finish_connection hook is logical and more intutive - especially
since we have the pre_connection/process_connection hooks already. But my sense of
logic may not be Apache's logic :)

I'd like to understand what's the inhibition/limitation for adding a new hook - IOW,
why are buckets like EOC preferable over a finish_connection hook ? I can guess it's
something to do with the performance - but a detailed explaination/pointer to
something would be helpful.

Thanks,
-Madhu