* Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think you've got it backwards: ssl_var_lookup always generates the SSL
> variables on the fly; it is used by the fixup handler to populate
> r->subprocess_env if +StdEnvVars, but works exactly the same regardless
> of that config option.

I must have been blind (I may need more sleep). Sure, you're right.

> What I'm proposing is something as simple as below, which lets you do
> "RewriteCond %{SSL:HTTPS} =on" without needing +StdEnvVars...  are we on
> the same page?

Generally I agree. I'd prefer to make use of ssl_var_lookup_ssl only. The rest
of the variables is covered by mod_rewrite already.

(additionally, a quick look shows that ssl_var_lookup may cause segfaults,
at least when r is NULL but c is not [connection stuff lookup]). I'm too tired
at the moment (see above :) to check it deeper...

nd