On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Mathihalli, Madhusudan wrote:

> I guess it's just to give a good out-of-the-box experience !
>
> (Oh look - apache understands my language pretty nicely - that's neat :) )

But does anyone really use those languages with those particular
extensions?  Don't 99% of people just change the default language/charset?
And isn't the effort required to understand those directives and find the
right file extension about the same as the effort required to map your own
extension?

If people really use those things, then I'm fine with leaving them.  But I
suspect that they are just pointless httpd.conf bulk.

Joshua.