At 06:49 AM 3/29/2004, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>Ben Laurie wrote:
>>Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>>>solution 4: add some suitable API to APR 0.9 and implement on all platforms
>>
>>Surely not returning the value from the inc is broken anyway? And a harmless change
>>even if you don't consider it broken?
>
>a) agreed

Let me remind that although most platform compilers and linkers
are agnostic to the retval, some may optimize in such a way that
adding or eliminating a retval from an exported function declatation
could break binary compatibility.  I don't care either way - just being
pedantic in the declaration.

If we didn't toss out apr 0.9.5-final then this is a good place to throw it.
Add an explicit test in th 2.0.x flavor of mod_unique_id to scream that
apr 0.9.5 released or later 0.9 is required.

Bill