> >I'm writing a module which plays with seteuid/setegid,
> >and should therefore only be run under the prefork MPM.
>
> at low level your reliance is on a single-threaded process handling
> requests?

That's correct - I'm switching UID/GID on every request based on
the provided authenticated username.  It seems to me a multi-threaded
server wouldn't be able to handle this situation very well.

> ap_mpm_query() can check for such MPM characteristics

Thanks! I'll check out that function.

--
Adam Tilghman  |  Systems Support / Academic Computing  |     +1 858 822 0711
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  University of California, San Diego   | fax +1 858 534 7018