Any which way, no matter how well tested subversion is; the fact that
various 3rd parties are willing to mirror our development repositories has
proved invaluable, and tragic when requests for those mirrors weren't
available (in time).  Let's get the details worked out long before we all
agree that the official apache-1.3 or -2.0 repository sources are hosted
in SVN.

No complaints with the protocol, implementation or tools.  Just a very
realistic view of how much we need external mirrors.

Bill