On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dan Wilga wrote:
[Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for child 0 (server [server name]:443)
[Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [info] (104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [error] 5894: ModPerl::Registry: Software caused connection abort at [path to script and line number].\n
[Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [error] 5894: ModPerl::Registry: Software caused connection abort at [path to script and line number].\n

If you have ideas about the possible cause of this problem, I can privately email you an error log of the SSL session produced with "LogLevel debug". I can also send you the environment variables at the time of the error.

I don't really understand what the problem is. The "Connection reset by peer" is a perfectly normal condition resulting from -- as you've already figured out -- the client going away in the middle of the response. The only thing that I see wrong here is that your mod_perl stuff is generating a message at loglevel "error" which is really not an error condition. You'd probably need to address that on the mod_perl list.

Is there some particular problem you are seeing other than just the existence of the error messages?

Joshua.