On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:

> > It seems that calling an internal redirect from anywhere in an output
> > filter is completely wrong.
>
> Nope. The real problem is that it's a *redirect within a subrequest*.

Erm - it seems to me you're both right.  Surely the underlying problem -
of which both the above are instances - is an internal redirect too late
in the request processing cycle.  An internal redirect after anything
could possibly have been sent down the [output filter chain|wire] is
broken.

>        The
> filterchain suddenly gets disconnected. What we need is kind of a glue filter
> which connects a subrequest (at "connection" level (a subrequest doesn't own
> a connection)) with the main one.

I'm struggling with how that should work, within the constraints of the
architecture we have.  I actually raised the question with Paul on IRC
in the hope that a solution would fall straight out of his "Capturing a
Subrequest".  But it seems we're all stuck on partial insights.

I'm provisionally +1 on Paul's proposed fix, but I wonder if it should be
conditional on ap_is_initial_req, to leave untouched the 'normal' CGI
case.

--
Nick Kew