Joe Orton wrote:

Speculation: the buffer is being flushed, but the piped logger is
SIGTERMed already just like the restart case, per PR 26467?

Perhaps. Any progress on that?

My performance drops when I disable buffered logs, and I would like to be able to do piped logs. I modified rotatelogs to use a buffer similar to buffered logs in mod_log_config.c. It registers a sigterm handler to flush the log.

I would like to be able to have "external" logging, so I can rotate with out a restart. I would also like to still be able to do graceful restarts. I thought about using unix domain sockets. I didn't want to replicate someone else's work. I couldn't find anything on google. Any suggestions (doen's have to use unix sockets)?

-- Brian Akins Lead Systems Engineer CNN Internet Technologies