Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
Jeff Trawick wrote:

[..cut..]

Your umask setting can further restrict the permissions specified by Apache, but it cannot be used to make the permissions more liberal.

What permissions do you suggest for the directories?

If mod_disk_cache still stores authentication credentials (I didn't check for a while) on disk I'd strongly suggest to keep 700.

I does not do any longer. mod_cache refuses to cache documents that require authorization. I think this is also an RFC requirement (Justin, correct?). BTW: The .headers file which would contain the authorization header is already created with more liberal permission (I think 666 if the umask is set to 000).