Mladen Turk wrote:
[snip]
Both apr and libhttpd has more then 100 of those
when /Wp64 is used, so IMO we would just hide the problems under
carpet if just casting every 64->32 warning found.

Agreed, hiding underlying problems is not acceptable. I am trying to address the many warnings that a Win64 build spits out in the correct way, not just for the sake of suppressing warnings.

For example inside http_protocol.c you have:
(i.e. in the current http_protocol.c code)

'int len = strlen(method)', that is wrong by all means, but I
wouldn't write that as 'int len = (int)strlen(method)' just to make
the compiler happy, but rather use 'size_t len = strlen(method)'.

Agreed. In the patch just posted you'll see mod_win32.c takes the approach you suggest, as does a patch I have been working on that addresses http_protocol.c and other warnings. I will be posting this shortly.

Well, that one is probably OK. I was talking about the concept
of not casting just for the sake of making compiler happy.

Agree.

Thanks, Allan