On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Nathanael Noblet wrote:

> Though your assumption about the function I typed in my email, I did
> type it off the top of my head thus the typos, lots of logic in there
> is actually from the apr_array_pop() function. If you didn't like the
> arithmetic on those structure members, perhaps someone should look
> there. I'm not saying this because I'm hurt or angry, just to inform
> you of the fact that it exists in the apr source...

Oh sure.  Well in that case, it makes sense, because the apr function
doesn't know what the underlying data type is and so it *has to* do the
size multiplication itself.  I was just trying to give you the cleanest
version you could use if you did it in your own code that *did* know the
actual datatype.  :)

Anyway glad that will work for you.  Apache does tons of that kind of
direct indexing into APR arrays, or at least it used to.  That's why we
never thought to add such a function.  I'm not saying it's necessarily a
bad idea to add one from an API-completeness point of view.  :)  But if
we're going to have that discussion, let's do it on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks!
--Cliff